Saturday, May 18, 2013

Crafting ADD

This week I’ve been suffering from crafting ADD and worked on several projects simultaneously.  Most things are almost done but nothing is actually completed.  Soon, they’ll be done soon… or at least I hope so.  I’m better prepared after doing some zipper shopping so at least the clothes shouldn't take much longer.
 
 
Flamingo Cross stitch
  • Because what I really needed was to start yet another project!  I make no apologies for my love of all things flamingo and can't wait for this to be done.   I tried not to start this one but couldn't help myself.  I spent several hours last night on just the blue but the pattern does say it should take 90+ hours to complete.
 
Colette Chantilly
  • I really like this blue lawn with circles – not quite polka dots but the fabric is super smooth.  I’m excited to wear this when the weather warms up again and am hoping it will transition into autumn later on with a sweater, tights and boots.  Hopefully I’ll finish it up this weekend now that I have a matching invisible zipper.
 

Denim skirt
  • I’m trying not to overthink the topstitching on what should become a nice wardrobe staple.
 
Central Park Hoodie
  • I got distracted by spring sewing and this was set aside.  Luckily Seattle summers usually provide plenty of hoodie weather so I won’t have to wait for the fall to wear this.  I'm knitting the sleeves at the same time to make sure they match exactly.  My stitches on this project are turning out a bit... unusual but consistent so I'm calling it part of the design.



 
 The good news is I did complete the most pressing project: recaulking my bathtub.  Not very exciting but necessary, I probably scraped 20+ years of shoddy caulk touchups off.  I made the effort to do it properly and hope it will hold up for some time.  I wish I could say I acted maturely during the entire process but couldn't help but giggle at times.  I mean really, who wouldn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment