Sunday, May 12, 2013

Me-Made-May 13 Week 2 Round Up


Week 2 is over and I’m still going strong.  Of course the warm weather the Pacific Northwest has been experiencing has helped a lot.  I find it a lot more fun to sew and wear my warm weather clothes.  On top of that I went down to Portland for the weekend so had to take that into consideration as well. 
 
Day 6
  • Simplicity 2444 dress in floral cotton sateen
  • I’m not really much of a floral girl in but there was something about the slightly abstract print and colors that I found intriguing and figured I should try something new.  I haven’t worn this dress for a while because I feel weird wearing a dress with a white background and tights but can see it coming out of the closet more often now that the weather is nice.

 
Day 7
  • Sewaholic Crescent skirt in blue seer sucker with added lining
  • This is the skirt I spied in one of Tasia’s Minoru sewalong posts and had to have one of my own.  The weather has finally warmed up I’m excited I can finally wear it.  It also looked good with the grey hoodie I wore half the day which is always a plus for a casual skirt.

Day 8
  • Sewaholic Alma in pink seersucker with a white cotton Peter Pan collar
  • I really like pink but haven’t made too much with it – maybe because I find it hard to find pink fabric I like that isn’t polyester.  At home I was wearing it with army green cargo shorts but changed into this skirt when I ran some errands.  I like both casual looks and think it will be easy to dress it up too.
 
Day 9
  • Sewaholic Crescent skirt in blue seersucker with added lining
  • I can’t find the photo I took today of this outfit, but I wore the exact same thing as I did when I wrote my Crescents post.  I really like how this turned out which is kinda obvious since I’ve worn in twice this week.
Day 10
  • Sewaholic Renfrew in turquoise stripe jersey
  • Sewaholic Crescent skirt in white seersucker with added lining
  • I headed down to Portland to visit my sister and spend Mother’s day with family.  This was comfortable to wear while sitting in the car for a few hours and also walking around.  Plus this outfit seemed puppy approved. (Although I may have bribed him with a walk...) 


Day 11
  • Sewaholic Thurlow shorts in plaid seersucker
  • At this point I think I’m ready to join the seersucker mafia or move to the South.  This is the fifth day in a row I’ve worn some version of that fabric!  So far May in the Pacific Northwest  has been perfect seersucker weather which in my mind requires a warm weather.  This outfit was perfect for the Beaverton farmers market and the dog park.

 
Day 12
  • Sewaholic Renfrew in turquoise stripe jersey
  • I can't believe this is only the 2nd day I've worn pants this month and the first I needed a (light) jacket.  That hardly ever happens!  The weather cooled down a lot today but this tee was great for yummy Mother's Day brunch and checking out the Portland rose gardens.  Packing for this weekend was a bit of a challenge knowing about the temperature change but not wanting to pack too much and on top of that trying to avoid any exact repeats.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment