Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Springtime Almas


 
This is the Alma blouse from Sewaholic Patterns.  First of all I have to say how much I love this pattern.  Like this is actually my third version and I’m almost done with #4 as well.  The Alma is really that awesome!  I’m really not a fan of button downs so I was thrilled to find a super cute alternative last summer.

Tasia, the genius behind Sewaholic designs patterns with the pear shape in mind with a small waist and larger hips and thighs.  Don’t let that stop you however because they work for other body types too.  I guess I’m a petite hourglass in that I’m short and my bust and hips aren’t particularly va-va-voomy but I have a pretty tiny waist.

 
I made a combo of version A and B with the cap sleeves and Peter Pan collar in a straight size 0.  I used a white Swiss dot underlined with white cotton.  I didn’t want it to be so sheer I’d worry about what I was wearing under it. The cap sleeves are lined as well to keep things consistant.


The only alterations I made were to take a bit of volume out of the cap sleeves and adjust the neckline.  As is the sleeves seemed to be a little too puffy, but that might also be the double thickness.  I lowered the neckline half an inch so I could wear my favorite necklace without it hitting the edge.  I also added half an inch to bottom of the collar so it wasn’t super skinny.

 
Alma #4 is version B in pink seersucker and a contrast white Peter Pan collar.  I shortened the sleeves by 3.5” and debated adding a white contrast cuff/band.  I shortened the sleeves last fall on Alma #2 and prefer this length on me.
 

I see myself wearing my Almas a lot this spring and summer.
 
 
 Also I figured I should do this now while I'm setting everything up.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7329105/?claim=yemkfxy45nd">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment