Sunday, May 5, 2013

Me-Made-May 13 Week 1 Round Up

The first week of Me-Made-May is done and so far so good.  Of course it’s been a short week so I’d hope I’d be able to keep to my pledge of wearing at least 1 Me-Made item each day.  If I hadn’t, the rest of the month wouldn’t bode so well.  Luckily I haven’t had too much trouble picking out what to wear and had the bonus of dressing for Seattle sunshine and warm temperatures.  I can only hope it sticks around!

 Here’s a recap of what I’ve worn so far:
 
Day 1
  • White Swiss dot Sewaholic  Alma with Peter Pan collar & cap sleeves
  • I’ve been wanting a blouse like this for a while and figured this would be a good day for it’s first wear.
 
Day 2
  • Simplicity 2846 view B in blue ikat printed sateen
  • For some reason I don’t wear this too often, probably because I keep thinking it needs a belt but don’t have one that works too well.
 

Day 3
  • Royal blue Sewaholic Renfrew with scoop neck & short sleeves
  • The Renfrew is the ultimate basic t-shirt that is great when you’re looking for a quick sewing fix.
 
 Day 4
  • Lime seersucker Sewaholic Cambie with gathered skirt
  • My jewelry isn’t Me-Made but is handmade
  • This was a favorite dress last summer and I was excited the temperatures warmed up enough I could pull it out and start wearing it again.
 
 
Day 5
  • White Swiss dot Sewaholic  Alma with Peter Pan collar & cap sleeves
  • Plaid seersucker Sewaholic Thurlow shorts
  • I stayed up late and got up early to “finish” these shorts.  It was supposed to get up in the 80’s today and I felt I had to make the most of potential short weather.  (Actually I still need to add belt loops and a button but they stayed up all day no problem!)
I'm looking forward to the rest of the month and seeing what everyone else is wearing over in the flickr group!

No comments:

Post a Comment